Smile Inside offers customized self-discovery workshops and specialized tutoring.
Smile Inside programs can be tailored to meet the needs of children, adolescents, and adults in the form of workshops or professional development sessions.
To submit an expression of interest, answer the following questions for your free consultation.
Vanessa Lee Abraham, the owner of Smile Inside, has developed a multi-angled approach to tutoring, which has had great results. She offers her services virtually to children ages 8-14.
Gaps in learning are identified
Individualized lessons are created to help the student gain necessary skills
Attention is given to capabilities that relate to focus, emotions, and behavior
Intervention support is provided when needed to develop and enhance healthy mental habits and positive behaviors
Progress reports improve and confidence in the classroom increases
- A private conversation will need to take place to express concerns about your child. Be prepared to discuss your child’s strengths and weaknesses, as well as goals, on the phone or via video.
- An in-person introductory meeting with your child, you, and any other parent or caregiver you want present so the young person can see we are all on the same page and serious about supporting him or her.
- A release form from the school your child attends will need to be signed or permission granted to communicate with teachers, depending on policies.
- Provide samples or send photos of classroom work, the most recent report card, and an I.E.P., if applicable, prior to the first tutoring session.
- A suitable time will need to be negotiated to meet weekly via Zoom. Plan to commit to a minimum of eight consecutive weeks for optimal results.
- With your permission and depending on your child’s needs, he or she will be taught techniques that will assist on a personal level (e.g. how to improve focus, social skills, emotional literacy).
- You and the teachers will receive a report via email communicating activities, discoveries, successes or concerns after every session.
- Your child will be asked to do homework assignments, which are very important to his or her success. These may include physical, mental, emotional, creative, or technological activities.
Vanessa’s rate is $40 per hour session. This includes planning, communication with teachers, weekly reports, and any materials shared to support your child’s success. You will be invoiced at the beginning of each month for the scheduled weekly sessions and will be asked to pay online via debit, credit, or PayPal by the end of the month.
Cancellations can be made up on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Sessions that are not attended or made up by the end of the month will not be refunded.
Openings are limited. There is often a waiting list for tutoring during the school year, but summer sessions are available for extra support for casual students.
School Year Sessions:
Monday – Thursday
3:45 PM – 4:45 PM
5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Monday – Thursday
9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM